Thursday, April 10, 2008

Project Picture Frames: Completed


First of all, because it's his room, we'll show a picture of Handsome Face.


Now, on to projects! Here is the first of many projects being completed this week. This one has been in the works for over a year. The idea was to use baby pictures of my husband and me to decorate the nursery. I had my pictures, but it took awhile to find baby pictures of the Rocket Scientist. Then I had to find the frames. Man, I hate shopping for picture frames. They're so expensive and I can never find what I want. I'm still looking for 6x6 frames for Boo's room. After months and months of searching I finally found these cheap white frames at Target. And they're cheap. Hopefully they don't fall apart anytime soon.
I wanted some colored frames but they're impossible to find. I got some once at Target, took them home, and then realized that they only had easels on the back. So back to Target they did go. I finally decided I would just spray paint white ones when I found them. So I did. I chose colors that were in the animal pictures on another wall. I thought they looked nice. I wish the green was a little different, but I painted that board in Utah, long before this room was ever conceived of.
Here's the Rocket Scientist. Isn't he cute?
That's me. My old pictures were 3x5 snapshots, so I got some flowery paisley paper to use as a mat. You can't find 3x5 frames.
And just for good measure, this is the mess on Handsome Face's floor.

1 comments:

Aubrey said...

Cute project... I love the idea! I would never think of using the parents baby pics... but I like it. You're so creative!