Thursday, April 17, 2008

I realized this afternoon that I hadn't posted all week. But we haven't really had anything to post about.
The Rocket Scientist has been doing training all week which is nice because it means he stays home with us until 9:30 or so. He does internet training from home then goes into work for a training class - something about how to make missiles to make things blow up. It's all very technical, I'm sure, and all ends in big clouds of smoke.
Because he's been home during the mornings, I've gotten a lot done. If he's sitting on the couch the kids are content to play among themselves. If I'm sitting on the couch they're climbing up my legs. If he gets up, they don't notice. If I get up, they run/crawl after me. So not fair.
Since I have no new pics of the kids, I'm posting recently finished projects. These are from Cute Girl's room.
Here is a picture that Grandma gave her at Christmas. It has a cute bug and flower border that fits the theme of her room. A month ago, Grandma also sent the stickers to decorate a picture frame to fit her room. So, I finally got a frame to complete the project. Cute Girl didn't like my ideas of spacing so I left her to her own devices. This is what she came up with.

And I finally finished the last magnet board. Hurray! I only bought them in Utah in September, had one finished by Thanksgiving, the other started right after Christmas, and finished just two weeks ago. What can I say, I'm lazy.

3 comments:

Kristin Hanson said...

So cute! I painted my magnet board, sprayed the magnet part with chalkboard stuff, and did the hand lettering on the front, only to find out 4 months after I finished it that I had done it upside down. Now I have to make new holes in it to hang it on the wall. Needless to say, it's still propped up against the wall on the bookshelf.

Aubrey said...

Your projects turned out cute! (even if cute girl took over your pic. frame.) I love the craftiness in children. Keep up the projects, I like seeing the end results!

whitney said...

What cute crafts! I LOVE magnets boards and have them in both of my kids room and one downstairs too. That's so sweet of you to let cute girl help with the stickers-what a good mom!