Thursday, April 24, 2008

Early Morning Productivity

I have felt incredibly productive of late. Well, at least in the mornings anyway. This sudden change seems to have corresponded with Conference. I love Conference. Twice a year my life gets a kick start.
The Rocket Scientist and I performed our post-Conference discussion on what in our life needed changing/improving and we decided that I needed to get up at 5:45. (Notice that was an I, he already did that.) Together we would read our scriptures, say our prayers, and then I would repeat that on the personally side while he got in the shower. And then I would take care of my kiddos so he could get out the door on time. It used to be that my sweet husband would take care of the babies while I was lazy and slept in til 6:30 or later. But no longer. And good thing, too, because with the sun coming up early, so do my kids.
With this new little routine, I get the kids and I dressed and fed by seven o'clock or so, then I get to go running. Love running! I'm currently using our bike trailer that converts into a jogging stroller. If we can keep this up I'll eventually get a new jogging stroller, but that's in the future.
And in the past few days I've gotten even MORE productive. Can you believe that? My current reading material is a finance book by Jean Chatzky called Make Money, Not Excuses. I love her books and I love playing with money. Her books have more than just financial advice though. This book is targeted directly at women, and the reasons they don't deal with their money so it has a lot of good "just life" advice. One part I read yesterday talked about making to-do lists. I liked her approach at it - simple but effective. I've always made to-do lists, but mine don't work quite as well as hers. So I switched to her way and I've liked it. I feel so productive!

...That is until about 3:30, when my kids turn into little monsters. Then it's all-bets-off 'til Dad gets home.

0 comments: