Monday, April 7, 2008

Randomness culminating in Not So Randomness

Thoughts of the morning:

I am tired of Cute Girl's hair. She has hair just like her father's and it grows every which way. This makes keeping her bangs tame a bit of a challenge. I finally decided this morning that we're just going to let them grow out. Hopefully her hair will look ok by the time her aunt's wedding arrives in June. Otherwise I am seriously tempted to go have her hair done so it looks ok for the pictures.

This summer the kids are getting a new playground and grass in the backyard so I'm planning on them spending LARGE amounts of time outdoors while I look on from the cool shelter of my family room. We bought inexpensive playclothes from Target so that they could dirty them without my caring. When I got them home, I pulled off all the tags and put them straight in the wash. When they came out, I discovered that Cute Girl's 4T shorts were shorter than Handsome Face's 12 mos shorts. Her shorts barely cover her legs. What's up with that? It's not a huge deal, as she's only three but I didn't expect little girl short to be so, well, short.

My children and I had the flu two weeks ago. Our noses have still not gone back to normal and there is still some residual coughing. As is the sickness itself wasn't torture enough, it has to be dragged out over half the year.

Now for the not so random. I loved Conference this weekend. I felt like I couldn't get enough. The talks were amazing and I'm having trouble picking a favorite. Right now I'm leaning towards Elder Bednar's talk on prayer. Although I liked President Eyring and Elder Holland too. And then there were the lovely talks on family and mothers by Elder Ballard and Sister Lant. Ok, there's too many I liked. I haven't even seen Saturday afternoon yet, as we were at a company picnic, but I liked the other sessions so much that I have already started to rewatch them. I listed to President Eyring and Elder Holland last night as I cleaned up the kitchen while the Rocket Scientist was out with the missionaries. And today I am just itching to put it back on. But the laptop is at work and the kids will destroy my bedroom if we try to listen in here. I feel as though I was in need of some serious spiritual nourishment and all I got was a taste.

1 comments:

Kristin said...

We got Avery's shorts from Target this year and there's one particular pair of hers that are totally short. I was rather surprised when I put them on, but they do look awfully cute on her.