Thursday, May 22, 2008

My Treasures

Let me introduce you to the newest treasure in my house - this antique desk! I LOVE it! I got if off of Craig's List. It almost wasn't mine, but people backed out and my home teacher carted it home in his Jeep for me. I haven't decided how I'm going to finish it yet. I'm rethinking all of my design plans for the house. The desk may end up in my room, the family room, or a kitchen in a future house.
And my most important treasures are, of course, my kids! Today I wanted to just mention Handsome Face a bit. He's just so grown up and yet baby-ish that I just can't get over it!
First of all, he's almost standing! He practices all the time. My husband got to see it for the first time last night (he always practices while Dad's at work). He's stayed up for 5-7 seconds on his own I'd guess and he can get up from a bent position by himself. He thinks it's so fun and giggles while his Dad cheers him on.
Handsome Face loves fruit. It's really funny. Lots of kids love fruit more than other foods but I've never seen anyone go nuts like him. We can't get any sort of fruit out before he's finished his other food or it's all over. He'll refuse to eat anything else and goes nuts until he gets his share. Strawberries send him over the top. He'll gorge himself on strawberries. And he screams and bangs his tray when they're gone. Too funny.
And now for the cutest thing of all. Last Monday or Tuesday the kiddos were in the tub when the Rocket Scientist came home and surprisingly, everyone was happy. The kids were so excited to see Daddy and I wasn't stressed and work had gone well so it turned into a pleasant evening. So we all happily parked ourselves in Cute Girl's room for the pajama-ing. I was sitting on the bed with Handsome Face when Cute Girl ran in wrapped in her towel. She came up to fuss over her cute lil' brother as usual and he got all excited. He then grabbed her by the shoulders and pulled her in, nestling his little face into her neck for a hug. He then pushed her away and then did the whole thing over again several times. They were the cutest little hugs I've ever seen!

4 comments:

Rachael said...

I'm emerald with envy over that desk--what a find!!! Gorgeous. I'm excited to see what you do with it!

Katie Rod said...

I love antiques, too. Gorgeous desk. And your kids are adorable as always.

Karen C. said...

Congratulations on the desk. It really is very cool. I'm sure it will look fabulous when you are all finished with it.
Your two kids are the sweetest things in the world--and I can say that with no trace of prejudice in my heart...

necia said...

You are so creative, always doing some sort of project. I can't wait to see what you do with the desk!