Saturday, May 10, 2008

I can do it!


I love the "I can conquer the world!" attitude that children have. They are so unafraid to try new things and explore their environment. And on the flip side, they take their mistakes and failures much better than most adults and adapt. If only we were all like that.

This evening for dinner we had stirfry and the Rocket Scientist and I pulled out the chopsticks. Cute Girl piped up and requested chopsticks as well, insisting that she knew how to use them. It was so funny to watch! She did pretty well - skewering her vegetables or picking them up and laying them over the chopsticks. The best, though, was when this attempt started going downhill. I saw her use her fingers and asked why she wasn't using her chopsticks.



"Cause my chopsticks don't work."



Obviously.

(Picture is of Combi training chopsticks.)

0 comments: