Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Cute Girl things and a lil' Handsome Face

Last Sunday, Cute Girl was supposed to be getting dressed for Church but she was struggling a bit. I went in to help her and she told me of her problems. She said, "My dress just won't go on. It doesn't want to go to Church but it has to go to Church 'cause I have to wear it." Typical, Cute Girl - always giving feelings and actions to inanimate objects. At dinner she has also taken up asking "What is my rice trying to do to me?" whenever her dinner won't get on her fork but keeps moving around the plate.
Whenever we arrive home from somewhere (usually Church) she has taken to pretending to be asleep so she can get carried into the house. The Rocket Scientist and I will start going on about how there's a opossum in the backseat. It is so great to start watching her then. Her eyes scrunch up tight and she purses her lips as the corners of her mouth start moving up, all in an attempt not to smile or laugh. I wish I had a picture of it.
Cute Girl requested barrettes for her hair yesterday. After choosing which ones she wanted she told me she was going to wear "the barrettes that unlock doors," having used those clips to unlock doors around the house when she was supposed to be kept out (or in).
I taught her how to use the mouse a few weeks ago so that she could push the button to turn on the videos on my blog by herself (she request to see pictures and videos constantly). Since then she has constantly been sneaking into my room and onto the computer to "check my email." No permanent damage has been caused yet.
Cute Girl saw me pull bacon out of the freezer this morning and she asked if she could have a breakfast sandwich. I told her no, the bacon was for dinner. I asked, "Do you want to have quiche for dinner?" Her response: "Yea! Oh! and watch the Mary and Elizabeth movie?!" (see here).

And on unrelated Cute Girlness, we have Handsome Face news. He stood up yesterday all by himself! Yay! I have yet to get him to repeat it, but we'll keep working on that. It was very out of the blue. I was laying on the floor while he played and he came up and used me for a brace to get onto his feet. Then he just let go and stood all the way up, staying there for several seconds. He seemed to think he was pretty cool!

1 comments:

Melanie said...

Such a little smarty pants! I love it!