Thursday, July 17, 2008

We're Back!

Two weeks of vacation and now we're home. Sweet and bitter all at the same time. We left 5pm July 2nd and returned just before 6am on July 15th. Oh, how I never want to get in my car again!
I have well over 100 photos and videos, and since life at home is pretty dull, I'll probably be posting vacation photos over the next two weeks. If you get bored, I'm sorry.
One of our main reasons for going back to Indiana at this time was so that we could attend the Bartholomew County 4-H Fair. I hadn't been in six years and the rest of my family had never been. Growing up there wasn't a year that we didn't go, and most years we practically lived there. Last year was the first time my parents hadn't gone (Handsome Face was conveniently born that week). The Rocket Scientist was impressed - most of the fairs and festivals we'd attended in Utah just don't come anywhere close to being as cool as THE Fair.
Our first night there Cute Girl spied a jumping booth two doors down from my dad's booth (he owns a roofing business and was there for advertisement). Two dollars got her (and her daddy) all the jumps they could want.


(She got scared here and wouldn't go down for a little while.)
Handsome Face with Grandma

We put Handsome Face on the side of the jumping castle to watch his sister and he decided to join in. Here he's with my sister Abby.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

sooooooooooooooo jealous!! How fun. I just love the Bartholomew County 4H fair.

Katie said...

It looks like you guys had a lot of fun. I'm sure Dad is glad he has kids so that he has an excuse to jump on that thing. You know he would have wanted to do it anyway.