Friday, July 11, 2008

Ummm, When Did I Get Old?

We're on vacation. The Rocket Scientist and I are about to check out of our hotel room (we left the kids for a few days with my parents) and I decided to post while I still had high-speed. I just can't brave the dial-up.
We went to Paramount's Kings Island yesterday. We wanted to do something that we couldn't readily do with our kids and we love amusement parks. I hadn't been there in ten years and I just remembered how awesome it was as a teenager. They have fourteen roller coasters for cryin' out loud! How can that not be the best thing in the world?! Well, we rode the Vortex and that was pretty cool. Then the Backlot Stunt Coaster which was awesome. Then we rode the Beast. The longest wooden coaster in the world with 4 minutes, 50 seconds of ride time. I thought I'd died. We got thrown around like rag dolls. My head was pounding the whole time and I just wanted off. And after that almost every coaster was the same. Some were better than others, and I might have enjoyed them if I didn't have a splitting headache. I just couldn't understand. The last time I was there I rode the Beast twice! And some coasters we would ride and then jump right back on again! But not this time. There was no way I was getting on the Son of Beast. And the Rocket Scientist did Invertigo by himself. I just wasn't up to it. I did agree to go on the kiddie coasters but even those hurt my head. I swear, I wasn't this old yesterday. And how on earth did my mother go on all those rides with us? I think I've determined that my kids may never go to an amusement park.

6 comments:

beapinkal said...

Oh boy... I never ride on the roller coasters and i don't think I ever will! Those things are so scary! I don't want to die:) Daryl says that at least I have to try...at least once but I never will! I'm glad you have fun on it. Vacation are fun!

Kristin said...

I used to love them too! Then I went to Six Flags a few years ago and went on the tea cups... Big Mistake. I thought I was going to throw up the rest of the day. I suggest (which I am doing next week when we go) taking a few ibuprofen before you leave for the day.

Sarah said...

soooo old. Wait that must mean me too:) I hear you though. Some things just aren't the same, huh??

Katie Rod said...

I know exactly what you are talking about! Growing up I lived by Orlando and pretty much lived at the amusement parks in the summer. When I go back to visit, I can only ride 2 roller coasters and then I'm done. I feel old, too.

whitney said...

I haven't been on a roller coaster in a while...now I don't know if I'll be trying one again any time soon. I'm super-jealous of your guys's mini-vacay w/out the kids. The closest we're going to get is leaving the little ones w/my parents for an over-nighter before this baby is born :P

Chelsea said...

I went on the NY NY ride in Las Vegas. It was like $15 and left me with nothing but neck cramps. It was terrible! Las Vegas is the worst.