Saturday, July 19, 2008

The 4th of July

We arrived in Indiana late on the second of July, just in time for the 4th, but since my dad was working that day (firefighter) and it was rainy, we postponed our festivities until Sunday. We took the kids up to my grandparents' farm after naps to visit. There Great-grandpa Shoaf showed us a baby deer he was caring for. It got separated from its mother due to the floods. Cute Girl still talks about it and reminds us that it was pooing. Of all things to remember.
Then the Rocket Scientist took over the grill when we got home and we had some yummy food. Once it was dark, the Rocket Scientist and my brother, Chase, turned into pyros and put on a nice lil' fireworks show. Handsome Face was already in bed and Cute Girl didn't care for it too much. She stayed until the end but she wasn't too excited about it. It took some coaxing but Cute Girl finally started playing with sparklers.


And not until I downloaded all of my photos did I discover this. The boys had the bright idea to put together multiple bottle rockets. I pretend I don't know them.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

So sweet! What a fun trip!

Cris, Jon, Austin and Ethan said...

Those are darling! Your kiddos are beautiful! I miss you guys! Austin liked the fireworks for like 5 minutes, then he had his eyes covered, so sad. maybe next year.