Thursday, February 7, 2008

So, I've determined that my household operates under its own set of rules, something akin to Murphy's Law perhaps. Every situation will end in a "What on earth?!" or a "For heavensys sake!"

For instance...

After spending a better part of the afternoon sweeping and mopping my huge, tiled kitchen floor (which is a pain and I hate doing it!), S will spill apple juice everywhere at dinner.

My 7 month old baby will sleep through the night but my almost three year old will wake me in the middle of the night for no good reason.

A little girl will sit on the potty chair for ten minutes just to wet her panties six minutes after getting off said potty chair.

S's imaginary friend, Gallo, has taken up residence in my grandfather clock, which is strictly forbidden for all little hands, but will be unable to vacate the premises because Beast is already living in the coat closet.

Both children will soak their beds on the same night.

M will eat just fine until the pediatrician urges that with the introduction of solids, his formula consumption not decrease. Now he won't finish even half of his bottle.

And the list could go on and on and on. Now this is not to say that days around here are dreary or depressing or inordinately difficult. We're quite fine. But sometimes you just have to wonder.

3 comments:

Kathryn Cooper said...

I know what you mean! That's why I haven't swept my floor today. I'm not sure if it's worth it when it'll be a mess by the next meal/snack.

Katie Rod said...

Hey Ashley!

How are you, Neil and the kids doing? It looks like you have quite the busy household, but cute kids make it worth it, right? I am wondering myself if I will ever get a free moment besides taking a shower and Caleb is only 4.5 months old!

Just to let you know, Tom and I moved to the Dallas area and December and are enjoying the sunny weather. It's fun to see how much your kids are changing and also your adventures in motherhood and life. I look forward to more posts!

whitney said...

Honey, do I hear ya! I swear Ezra's messiest on the days I do the most cleaning and everything else you mentioned! So, so true.