Thursday, March 31, 2011

Charlotte

I don't talk about her very often but she is absolutely the sweetest thing in our house right now. Here's just a bit about her.

She's about three and a half months right now. I finally have a baby with brown eyes and boy are they big! I think I get more compliments on how beautiful her eyes are than anything else. And she is often compared to a dainty little doll. She's so small! There were about five baby girls all born within a month or two. Charlotte's due date was first and she was born third and she's the smallest of all!
I think that months 2 to 3 are always hard with my babies (are yours?) but we're finally past that. We had a few rough weeks of no sleep which were very disappointing because she used to go til 3 am! But now she goes til one or two o'clock and then wakes every two hours or so. Not perfect but we can manage. And she always goes to sleep on her own. Yay for that! Some naps are 30 minutes, some are close to three hours. She's totally unpredictable.
This little girl is very alert. She's either asleep or taking everything in. People always comment on this too. The big eyes probably help her look so alert. She loves to stand. I can't really wear her in the baby sling because she is always standing up in it. She is very strong and can hold her head very still. We can't leave her anywhere high anymore because she's already scooting. One day she actually managed to slide down into the bathroom sink! She rolled when only a few weeks old with the help of an incline but she did it all on her own earlier this month. I've been trying to catch it on video and I finally got this tiny little clip.
This is an attempt at getting her to roll again so I could catch the whole thing. I was unsuccessful but it's cute anyway.
This is Madoc playing Patty Cake with her. She loves this game and will laugh when we play. She has a very cute little laugh but we don't hear full on giggles too often. I'm always tempted to get her giggling but it always gives her hiccups that last an hour.

3 comments:

beapinkal said...

Ashley! I have been reading your blog just didn't make comments. BUT i wanted to tell you how cute your little girl is. And yes, her eyes are so big and gorgeous! Congrats!

Mom said...

Yes, she has the most beautiful eyes. I cannot believe how big she has gotten; at least it seems that way. I hate that I am missing it but thank you for sharing video.

Alan C said...

She is an amazing cute baby with very pretty eyes. Thank you for sharing the videos