Monday, March 28, 2011

The Homemade Goodness

I made several Christmas presents this past year and I wanted to share them. But my life is crazy and so I'm finally getting around to it now that March is almost over.I like all of my babies to have two matching blankets. It makes washing them much easier. I use soft fleece and satin binding for multiple textures. Here is Charlotte with her new blanket this past week. I love the bright red, pink, and orange of the flowers and butterflies.
My kids and my nephew got some fun felt food. Jill has a good list of online tutorials. You can find it here. I also made strawberries but they're not in the picture.
Sadie and lots of sisters got flower hairclips.
My kids love building tents and forts so now they have a designated kit. I think this gets played with EVERY. SINGLE. DAY.
I first saw the idea on Bloom.
The original idea can be found here. I started making the ties to add to the sheets but I didn't finish in time, what with a new baby and all. So I wrapped it up incomplete and after a few days of playing, I realized that I didn't want to finish the ties. The kids didn't need them and it was much easier this way. And when I need extra sheets for company I just rob the fort kit!

Our kit consists of four twin flat sheets from Wal-Mart, clothespins, clamps, and Lego walkie talkies. I stuffed it all in a $5 fabric bag from Wal-Mart. The stripey sheets always make our forts look like circus tents. So fun.

5 comments:

necia said...

You are so creative!! I love the felt food and the fort kit. I may have found me some new projects!

Katie Rod said...

I love all these ideas. Definitely some Christmas presents I can start working on...now! Thanks for the ideas and links.

Alan C said...

What fun ways to be creative. I love the tents and forts.

Katie said...

I love that fort idea. And we really love the homemade gifts we got for Christmas. You were so crafty this year. Good job!

Mom said...

What a great mom your kids have. You are so thoughtful and talented. Glad you got it finished. Love you bunches!