Tuesday, March 22, 2011

St. Patrick's Day


I'm one of those awful mothers who forgets doctor appointments, bills that need paid, and holidays every time there is a new baby in the house. So this St. Patrick's Day snuck up on me. Sadie actually reminded me of it early in the day and then halfway through getting everyone dressed I remembered again. We had to scramble and change a few outfits but we all managed to avoid being pinched.
We didn't have our green pancakes since I forgot but I did manage to put together a quick craft. Good thing too because to Sadie, that's what holidays are all about! We traced two sizes of shamrocks onto paper, overlapping them in interesting ways, and decorated them with different patterns and shades of green. Sadie actually made two.
And I thought about making our stew and soda bread that night but we had already planned on grilling and it was beautiful outside and everyone was out playing while Neil dug in the dirt so we decided to stick with it. We did have broccoli salad to add some green to our dinner and I made a last minute trip to the grocery so we could add green punch and cupcakes.
It was well after bedtime before dinner was ready due to Neil using all the daylight hours he had in the backyard so the kids were watching Kipper while they waited. All three of them.

4 comments:

Karen C. said...

I love the picture of the three of them on the couch watching TV. They have such precious little faces. Seems like a good St. Patrick's day to me!

Abby said...

Glad my Netflix is being put to good use. :) I wish I was there to watch Kipper with them!

Katie said...

They look like they are watching something much scarier than Kipper. That Charlotte is just adorable. I love it!

Mom said...

Oh, this way too cute!!! Starting baby girl out early I see. :) So glad their St. Paddy's day was a success. Wish we could have been there to help celebrate. Wonder how much Irish they have in them???