Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Pi Day

Neil's family loves Pi Day (March 14th) and Neil loves pie. Normally he would celebrate with an apple pie or some such but there was no way he had time to make a pie on Monday. And he was too busy on Sunday making me roasted red pepper soup and fresh whole wheat bread. So no pie.But Sadie has been wanting quiche for dinner and Madoc's been requesting chocolate pie for the past month so I decided to oblige them. I wouldn't normally celebrate Pi Day but I supposed it was a good excuse to get my kids to quit asking for all those pies.
I use Rachael's quiche recipe and this French Silk Pie.

4 comments:

Karen C. said...

That's as fine a Pi day celebration as ever I've seen. Chocolate pie sounds very yummy!

Abby said...

Hey...Pie is my thing! You ate it without me. Looks good!

Katie said...

Making a quiche for pi day, very creative. I might have to try that one.

Mom said...

You taught them how perseverance pays off! Now I want pie. They are the greatest kids.