Monday, March 16, 2009

Weekend Recap

The Rocket Scientist has Friday off every other weekend. I delight in having a three-day weekend so often, but recently we haven't been able to take advantage of it due to illness and injury. This means that all my home improvement projects and family activities have been put on hold.

This weekend we were blessed with a healthy household (relatively speaking) for the first time in a month and a half. So we took full advantage of it.
Friday was spent sanding my hutch (lucky Rocket Scientist), grocery shopping, and cleaning. I love feeling so productive and accomplishing so much, but I fear I'm the only one. So to redeem the day for the rest of my family we had a pizza picnic in the family room and watched a movie from the library. Here's Handsome Face. He saw my root beer and put his wide open mouth directly over my cup. We all got the hint.Saturday morning we spent running errands in town. I hate running errands in town for it takes all day. But we started out with a yummy crepe breakfast. They were a big hit. Especially the whipped cream. Handsome Face liked his plain and kept wanting more and more and more. I finally left him in his high chair with a pile of them so I could go shower. I didn't think he would ever stop eating!
We got home that afternoon and the kids and I took naps (I had a headache) while the Rocket Scientist pulled the weeds in the front yard. He gets all the best jobs. When we all woke up he grilled for us. I love not making dinner.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks so yummy. I expect one of those if I get to come and visit sometime.

Katie said...

Wow, crepes and hamburgers, and a nap! That sounds like the best day ever. I love the two of them licking the beaters. So cute.