Friday, March 6, 2009

I'm seeing stripes

This is what I have been doing for the past week. Painting stripes is no fun. It takes lots and lots of time. But now I know how to do it so it's a shame I don't have more stripes to paint.
And if you'll be painting soon, and you ask the lady if your primer needs to be tinted because the label says "Tintable Primer" and the lady says no, don't believe her. She's wrong and it does need to be tinted.
This is currently the toy room but will some day become Handsome Face's room when he moves out of the nursery. I've been toying around with what I want in here but I had no plans to paint anytime soon. Then my sister came into town and the idea just sort of popped into my head. Gotta get those projects done while the free baby-sitter is here and I can hijack her car. Here's the Rocket Scientist looking like he did all the work. He didn't. He just came to help finish the red stripes and take off the tape because I said I wasn't coming out of that room until it was finished and he's bored at home without me.

Does this remind anyone of fruit stripe gum?




4 comments:

Katie said...

Wow, that looks really cool. I'm very impressed. I call dibs on the strip room for Thanksgiving.

Katie said...

Stripe room that is. I hope there isn't any stripping going on in there.

Chelsea said...

Woah, those are some stripes!

Karen C. said...

Katie is a cheater--calling dibs on the strip/stripe room before I had a chance. And I think she should lose her dibsing privileges for thinking about stripping in the first place... Those stripes are beautiful and I am amazed that you were able to get the lines so nice and straight. Plus, I like how the colors are so bold (this from the person who always paints walls an off-white color for fear of doing anything dramatic...)
Good job, Ashley, and I can't wait to see how you decide to decorate the rest of the room.