Tuesday, September 2, 2008


It's been a while since I've posted anything and I am most sincerely sorry – mostly to the grandmothers who are the only ones who really care. But the last post has been stewing in my mind for over a week and it took me a while to pull all of the pictures together. So here are some of our recent activities and my random thoughts.
I miss the Provo library. A lot. Our local branch is just pathetic and the library system for the entire county is not much better. It amazes me at how many popular books and authors just aren't there. Instead the shelves are filled with... with... I don't even know what. The entire time I lived in Provo there was only once that the Provo Library failed me – and even then I only had to go to Orem to get the book. If only Orem were still so close. Sigh.
Cute Girl likes Altoids. Random.
I've been reading the Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer. I should never read series again. I already get consumed by books when I'm reading but when they are in a series I never stop! My poor family has been neglected these past two weeks. Not to mention my house. And it makes me even more sad because it's over such poor books! At least I have a break now to clean my house and read Pride and Prejudice before my babysitter gives me the last book.
The Rocket Scientist worked all day Labor Day on our patio extension. He got sunburned. But he made a lovely tarp tent over the swing set for the kiddies. I'll be so happy when the concrete is finally poured. Then it's on to the next phase of backyard beautification.
I went to the scrapbook store while the Rocket Scientist dug in the dirt on Labor Day. I'm very helpful.
Handsome Face is getting five new teeth all at once. It doesn't seem to bother him. What a trooper! He also likes to open doors and get into mischief. Open the Lazy Susan and get into mischief. Climb on top of the kitchen table and get into mischief. Get into mischief. Mischief.
And no one seems to like naps anymore but me. But everyone is still cranky when they don't get their naps. Especially Cute Girl as I will find her passed out in various locales. Doesn't she know that beds are way better than leaning on the kiddie gate?!?! And here's where she finally gave in today.

3 comments:

Melanie said...

Cute posts! And I am not looking forward to the days when we no longer have the Provo Library at our disposal... I've heard about those other libraries- what?! No Book Babies? No puppet shows? No fun...

Aubrey said...

I agree with you on missing the Provo Library. Our bramch library is weak! But its a library, so we go to it. Ohh to always have a Provo Library close by would be absolute bliss!

Chelsea said...

I wish we were still neighbors! Then you could have borrowed MY copy.
I read it and thought it was good-- not my favorite in the series, but still better than the other junk I've been reading lately.
How did you like it?