Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me

Last week I had a birthday. I was going to let it go by, but Katie wanted to see what we did. Darn those pesky sisters-in-law who remember your birthday.

Mostly it was a day like any other day. The kids were pretty good. I couldn't think of any good reason to stay at home so we all packed up and went to the playground. It was over 80 degrees out and the sun was shining. I know everyone in their snowbound houses are thinking about how great that would be, but let me inform you, that our outside playing is soon coming to an end. Spring is kind of non-existent in the desert, and it will soon be too hot to go outside. Thank heavens our pool will be finished soon.





Love the hair. Static electricity. It's all the rage.





That evening, N came home with a baby-sitter in tow. Yay for going out! We actually accomplished the grand feat of dinner AND a movie in one evening. What can I say? We like to live large. We tried out the ONLY Italian restaurant in our area. We kind of live in the middle of nowhere, and driving into the city is just daunting sometimes. It was really pretty good. I had some delectable lasagna and N had scallops, garlic shrimp, asparagus, and fettuccine. His was kind of yummy too. Then we went and say Vantage Point. I liked it. I think it's a one time movie. The magic is in seeing the story unfold a little more each time the events are replayed. Once viewed, the mystery is gone.



For my birthday, I got a new potato masher and measuring spoons (the garbage disposal ate my old ones) from Handsome Face and the movie Becoming Jane from Cute Girl. We watched it Friday night and I loved it!

After we got home, N informed me that I had another present. It was my Valentine's Day gift that never came in (I had been wondering where it went to). He got me this:


For the full story, please go here.


On Friday, N and I made a birthday cake. Because I wanted one. This is Cute Girl pouting because she wasn't allowed to lick anymore frosting. Ever. (I gave her more after we were done laughing at her forlorn face.)


She tried cleaning up frosting from her lip with her fork but just ended up dragging it across her cheek instead.

And the next day I got my birthday present from N which also did ship in time. I got my new Saucony running shoes and now I'm all set with my iPod to go have a glorious time all alone on the streets of the neighborhood. As soon as I can get someone to watch my kids that is.

4 comments:

Katie said...

Thanks for the update. I loved it. I want to see Becoming Jane. I'm so jealous.

Crapos said...

Katie,
If you find a way to get down here you can watch it with me. Although, that would be a very expensive movie!

Rachael said...

happy birthday! I love the pics of all four of you together and then of S's sad no-frosting face. so adorable. but that one of the four of you with the candles is a definite keeper.

and i hear you on finding time to exercise--I ended up having to walk the last 3 minutes of my 3rd mile on the treadmill this morning with a howling juliet, who had screamed her way all through the previous 2.7 miles. dang non-napping baby.

Rachael said...

oh, and also, i felt bad because i was sweaty from running and then my baby was sweaty. you just can't win, can you?

do you remember pushing our kids in their strollers running around the smith fieldhouse while we tried to make non-jogging strollers work? man oh man.