Thursday, March 13, 2008

I think my baby has a cold. He won't take a nap. And he has refused his bottles for days now.
The girl moved my orange juice and the boy dumped it all over the toy room carpet.
The girl won't play unless I am within three feet of her.
I haven't exercised, showered, or done anything productive.
Today, we survive. Today, we hole up in the family room with cheese and crackers and apples and books and watch Pride & Prejudice until Daddy comes home.
There will be no mopping, vacuuming, laundry loading, or dish washing done today. Sometimes it's just gotta be that way.

Post Script: The Rocket Scientist came home at one o'clock today. It was a good day.

4 comments:

Kathryn Cooper said...

Sounds like a good plan. We need days where we do no chores, especially when kids are sick or wild. Have a nice relaxing day.

whitney said...

It's nice to know other people have days like that too. Although, it seems like I have more days like that than not sometimes:P.

Karen C. said...

You're a great mom! I think its amazing that you are clever enough to take "discouraging" circumstances and turn them into a delightfully relaxing day. With plenty of snacks and Pride and Prejudice going in the background--who could ask for anything more. I don't have anything near your excuse and I think I might try it anyway!

Rachael said...

ah, we have days like those too. i'm so glad you had P&P to see you through!