Monday, March 10, 2008

Life, Recently

Random thoughts, ideas, and happenings from the last week.


This is Handsome Face upside down in his car seat. He was put there to eat his bottle and decided he didn't really want to.

Cute Girl has decided that she is a puppy dog.


During Sunday naps, Handsome Face was in bed yelling "DADADADADADA" at the top of his lungs while Cute Girl was in her bed pretending to sing from her scriptures. The Rocket Scientist slept through it. Why is it that I'm the only one in the house who REALLY wants to take a nap on Sunday afternoon, and yet I'm the only one who doesn't get to?

Handsome Face now does "popping popcorn" by waving his fists during Popcorn Popping.

Handsome Face tried peas this last week and really liked them. Cute Girl had to have some for dinner too. She kept making "grumple" faces when her dad tried to make her eat them (it's not that she didn't like them, she just didn't want to eat). These pictures don't do it justice but it's the best I could do. Once the camera came out she kept trying to smile.


Cute Girl has lots of imaginary friends. I think the count is now up to four. Friend number three is Beast from Disney's Beauty and the Beast. She's never seen the movie but she has Disney Princess Memory. Beast lives in the coat closet. Every now and then she takes my bags and puts them up across the closet doorway as gates. I've never really understood this, but it's her game. So one day she wanted me to pretend to go somewhere with her but I just really wasn't in the mood. So I started suggesting alternatives. First I suggested Gallo go with her but he couldn't for some reason. Same thing with Gauk. Then I suggested Beast. Cute Girl just looked at me like I was crazy and said, "Beast is just a cow." Now the gates make sense.

We no longer watch TV. Now that's not entirely true. We have never paid for television. Recently, we have been taking the physical cable that plugs into the back of the television, attached a piece of foil to the end, and strung the cable around the family room floor to make a sort of antenna. I was finally tired of the cable cluttering up the room and Cute Girl was watching a few too many cartoons on PBS. I was only watching the news on a channel that was difficult to get and Handsome Face would always grab the cable and mess up the reception anyway. So I took the cable off. Now I get online to watch my NBC news segments later in the day and the Rocket Scientist and I watch all our favorite shows online. That's nice because there are "limited commercial interruptions" and we can watch them whenever we want from the comfort of the bed.

Cute Girl has been getting out of bed again recently and therefore she gets locked in again. She's been yelling under the door, "I need my mo-ther!"

Also, about a week ago, Cute Girl was once again locked in her room during nap time. Next thing I know she was out. She had picked the lock with a barrette from her pocket.

Handsome Face has started getting on his hands and toes like he's going to do push-ups. Sorry, no pictures.

For those who didn't know already, the Rocket Scientist has a blog. Find it at nerdcare.blogspot.com

1 comments:

Rachael said...

i laughed SO hard at the fact that she'd picked the lock. oh, that's GREAT! abigail only knows it can be done with a pen--hopefully she won't figure out the barette trick.