Sunday, November 11, 2007

7 Random Things

So, I don't normally pay attention to 'tags' (although I enjoy reading them) but since Melanie called me by name, I guess I'll make an exception. So here are my 7 random things.

1. One of my best friends in the world (Hey Sarah!) and I were born on the same day, same hospital. We even got engaged the same weekend. And three of my cousins and I were all born in the same month. Eight years later we had a massive baptism with wet, shivering little girls everywhere.

2. When I was 16 years old I went to Australia with a bunch of other American teens. (No idea what possessed my Dad to pay for the thing, but I'm awfully grateful!) While there I ate crocodile and licked an ant.

3. I've nearly died a number of times in random ways: fell headfirst into a diaper pail, locked myself into a running refrigerator, nearly drowned twice, got stung by a yellow jacket six times, a near scrape with a kidnapper, I stuck a belt buckle into an electric socket, fell off a counter on to a concrete floor and broke my collarbone, and fell out of the attic onto the garage floor.

4. I have the worst sweet tooth in the world. I have no will power when it comes to sweets. If they are within my reach, they'll be gone in a day. Baked goods like chocolate chip cookies and brownies are my favorite. I like ice cream and chocolate candy too. Sugar candy like Skittles and Starburst don't tempt me so much. Oh, and if there's sweets lying around the house, I make N hide them so I can't get into them.

5. I can't wait to go back to school. I might even get several more degrees because I love learning. I don't want more education for any particular career aspirations. I just want to do it for myself. The only problem is which subject to choose?

6. My husband is an AMAZING cook. Depressing because I find new recipes and he likes them and then next time he makes them and they're ten times better. But it does mean I get to eat good food (better than restaurants in most cases)!

7. I have a brand new dishwasher that I don't use. I wash all of my dishes by hand now because they come out cleaner. This is due to the fact that our town has the hardest water in the world and our builder put the cheapest dishwasher on the planet in our kitchen. The dishwasher is so bad that the dishes look cleaner going in than coming out.

4 comments:

Adrienne said...

I can relate to the dishwasher issue. I have one too but can't get my dishes very clean. We also have super hard water. No one in Magna will drink it without a softener and/or purifier. So I wash all my dishes by hand and then put them in the dishwasher. They get some spots on them but there's still no food. Saves some time cause I don't have to get every edge of the dish.

Chelsea said...

My dishwasher's terrible too! He said he was going to do them on Saturday, and now it's Monday without a single clean fork or spoon in the house!

Melanie said...

Wow! You think you know a person- I'm actually amazed that I do know you, based on the number of near-death experiences you've had. That's incredible!

Thanks for sharing!

Rachael said...

wow. I think you win hands-down for near-death experiences!