Wednesday, October 17, 2007

One project down, 99 more to go...

So here is one of my many projects completed. It only took three months. I made these curtains for S's room, which has a bug theme. My sewing machine was on the kitchen table for weeks, much to my husband's annoyance I'm sure. All of my projects just take a million times longer than I expect them to. For instance, I had wanted this entire wall of S's room to be completely decorated this past weekend, but it didn't happen. I still have two more projects to finish for it. But back to the curtains.

After weeks of working on the curtains we began to search for a curtain rod. We wanted a nice wooden one that matched the blinds, about the color of the crib which you can see a piece of in the above picture. Well, the biggest problem we encountered is that curtain rods come in 4 and 7 foot standard lengths, neither of which fit ANY of our windows. Adjustable rods are almost impossible to find in wood finishes. We found one at Lowes, but each piece was sold separately and would have cost a fortune. We had settled on a white wood adjustable rod from Target but the wait for shipping was 4-6 weeks. So we finally settled on this one. Not our first choice (it's metal and not at all the classic piece I was envisioning), but it was fairly inexpensive and did technically fit the theme of Sadie's room. Too bad I made the curtain loops with a thicker rod in mind.


1 comments:

Kristin Hanson said...

Do you need me to come down and help you get your projects done? :) I miss that, actually. The curtains look great, and the loops are really easy to fix. Measure about 2 inches above the curtain top, stitch each loop at the mark, cut the top of the loop, tie the ties in bows, and you're done! The best part is that you can always let out the seams to accomodate a larger rod. If that's too much work and Neil doesn't want the table taken over again, they look just great the way they are.