Sunday, October 14, 2007

Funny things S says

Yesterday morning, N was getting S dressed (while I slept in, yea!) when S said, "I need to brush my teeth, brush my hair, and I need my toiletries." Yes, my two-year-old knows what toiletries are. She has also taken to saying, "So, anyways..."

Later that day N and S were roughhousing on the bed and it was getting a little wild. I think at one point I said something about how the two of them were crazy and S just looked up and said, "We're just having fun!"

After church today, we were waiting for N to get out of a ward mission meeting. When he finally reappeared I shouted "Hallelujah!" S promptly followed this with a "Halle-lu-lah" of her own.

After her bath a few nights ago, S was looking at her reflection in the mirror, pointed at her top lip and said, "My mustache!"
"You don't have a mustache! Who has a mustache?"
"Grandpa!... And Mr. Potato Head!"

A couple of weeks ago S received a postcard from her Aunt Abby. She has made me read it to her so many times that she has it memorized. Today, S held the phone to M's ear, and her improvised conversation went something like this:
"Hi M! Are you staying in bed? Try and be a good boy. I'll see you at Christmas. Miss you. Love, Aunt Abby"

S has learned that when she's downstairs doing something naughty and she hears Mom coming down the stairs it is time to run for it! I usually find her burying her face in the couch cushions. When I question her about what she's been up to, she replies, "I'm just fine!"

N was lecturing S about how she's not supposed to go into M's room while he's sleeping when she piped up and said, "I'm done talking to you now," and promptly walked away.

2 comments:

Rachael said...

oh man. don't you love two-year-olds? especially when they know they're in trouble and they're trying to weasel their way out of it...abigail always tells me "be quiet, Mom!" when i start to reprimand her for something.

Kristin said...

i love it! "I'm just fine", Don't you wonder, how they pick up these things, and they know when to use them!