Tuesday, December 1, 2009

White Christmas

I have been berated for not posting in a week and a half but when your house is invaded by hungry holiday guests, computer time seems to disappear. More on those lovely people later.
Saturday we picked up a Douglas Fir to adorn our living room. Cute Girl loved picking it out. We set it up that evening in our new tree stand (which was $5 at Wal-Mart vs. $25 at Lowes - Score!). Then Sunday evening we set about decorating it. Cute Girl was beside herself with impatience. Here is Handsome Face in time-out for some type of misbehavior. He was probably touching something he wasn't supposed to.Unfortunately my camera kept wanting to set off the flash which made awful pictures. But when the flash is turned off on my camera the auto-focus doesn't work. And since I don't have a tripod I have blurry pictures. So sad!This one is especially cute. Too bad it's not in focus.

See the three red balls? This is typical of Crapo children decorating. The Rocket Scientist did his best to redistribute when their backs were turned.

While we were sipping hot chocolate and listening to carols we heard a loud blast of wind. This is what came with it.Lovely, lovely hail. It's not exactly snow but we'll take what we can get.


And just to prove I was there, here is a not so lovely picture of me unpacking ornaments. I think Handsome Face took this picture.

And now is where I put up a lovely picture of the finished product. Except that while we were upstairs putting the kids to bed we heard a huge crash. Apparently once all the ornaments went on the tree became front heavy and crashed to the floor. We got a wet carpet and three broken ornaments. Luckily the penguins were fixed with a little super glue. We adjusted the tree and the next day I redecorated the tree (I guess the Rocket Scientist didn't really need to redistribute the ornaments after all!). So I'll post a picture of the new and improved tree soon.

1 comments:

Katie said...

That's awesome that you guys got hail. And sad that the tree tipped over.