Friday, November 20, 2009

Day 20

I originally started my gratitude posts in an effort not to get caught up in all of the stress of the holidays. But in trying to get ready for Thanksgiving I actually haven't had time to post much. Oh well. But today I will make a long list.
I am grateful for the Tylenol and ibuprofen that are keeping what was a 104.1 degree fever yesterday down around 102 degrees today. And for the space heater and humidifier that meant Handsome Face woke only once last night instead of four times.
I am grateful that everyone ate breakfast without complaint, that there weren't too many fits when the cartoons went off (sick = lots of cartoons), and that I haven't yelled once today.
I am grateful that the kids are happily making soup for dinner in the toy room so that I can do laundry since Cute Girl has no clean pants.
I am grateful for hot chocolate. I'm on my second cup.

2 comments:

neil said...

Oh goodie, soup for dinner. I can't wait! If it makes a difference, I'm thankful for my newly painted family room. I'm also thankful that I don't have to stain the patio. :)

Katie said...

I have recently discovered the joys of a space heater. Since we started using one in the baby room, he's been sleeping through the night. We're on day 6. And I also love hot chocolate.