Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Blast Off

On Wednesday, after a very lazy morning, most of the Crapo clan went to the Air and Space Museum. I was planning on staying home with my kiddos but at the last minute Cute Girl got permission to go. Handsome Face was soooooo sad that he had to stay home and take a nap. But boy did he need it. He slept all afternoon.






This one is my absolute favorite!

While they were away, my sweet mother-in-law Karen helped clean up the kitchen and even went out for the last minute groceries (my fridge just won't hold enough food for 17 people for a week). I decided to get the dinner going. The Rocket Scientist was supposed to be in charge of homemade bread and coq au vin for dinner but I knew that if I waited until he got home we wouldn't be eating until 10pm! And it's a good thing I started too, because in true Neil Crapo Thanksgiving fashion, he injured himself the moment he came home. In some weird freak accident, a sliver of metal from his belt buckle pierced his nail and became embedded in his nail bed. Ouch. He spent the rest of the night trying to get it out while I made his fancy dinner and peeled the apples for his pie, a tradition that started on our second Thanksgiving. He has seriously been injured EVERY holiday since then, although it's usually happened during the Turkey Bowl. Next year he can plan on making spaghetti and a frozen pie because I'm done!!!




3 comments:

neil said...

You're such a good sport. Thanks for planning ahead. :)

Katie said...

I really don't know how he always manages to do that. The dinner was excellent, though. I think I had thirds and fourths...

Sheri E. said...

Neil is good at injuring himself.