Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Recovering

Oh, my goodness, am I ever tired. We're on our second full day of being home from vacation and everyone's still a bit cranky from sleep deprivation. And at this very moment my two monsters are yelling at the top of their lungs, "CHOMPER! Where are YOU!" while they watch The Land Before Time II. They love stealing movies from Grandma's house.

So, I haven't posted in forever. That would be for three reasons. One - my life is boring and busy all at the same time. Two - the Rocket Scientist took FOREVER to put the Father's Day post up and for some reason I thought I needed to wait for him. Three - I had to prep for our trip to Indiana and then actually go to Indiana which was absolutely lovely. The going part, that is, not the prepping part.
I'll be posting Indiana pictures for the rest of the day. At least I'm going to try to post pictures for the rest of the day. We'll see how much I get done between the sleep deprived tantrums.

We drove overnight and arrived in Indiana on the morning of the Fourth. Of course it rained all day. The Rocket Scientist grilled our burgers, dogs, and brats outside and then we all ate in the dining room. We decided to wait on the fireworks. But when Cute Girl heard this she buried her head on my shoulder. It took me a few minutes to realize she was silently crying her little heart out. So we took pity and played with sparklers by the pool in the rain. It was a very exciting Fourth of July.

1 comments:

Katie said...

Yay, new blog posts! I can't wait. Cute girl is called so for a reason, she is just so sweet and cute. I miss those little guys.