Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Why I have the best wife in the world

I think it's only fair, after being singled out two posts previous as being "the best husband in the world," to respond that it takes more than an afternoon of good behavior and a good dinner for that title to stick. If you really want to be the best in the world, you've got to be consistent. Try taking care of the kids and making dinner every day! There's some "best in the world" action for you.

And, as if every day wasn't enough, I slept in on Father's Day like a lazy bum and missed all the fun.


This fun, that is. Wanna lose some weight? Try doing household chores with 30lb ankle weights.

And yet my breakfast, when I finally got out of bed to enjoy it, was as delicious as it was lovely. (My plate is the one the monkey in the tie is sitting on)

Maybe I should sleep in more often, because it's now being rewarded with presents.


If you look at the picture of the grill on the box upside down, it looks like a duckbill platypus. Yeah, I couldn't see it either.

The kids had no idea that you could get a charcoal grill this big. (Neither did I, for that matter. This is another reason my wife is the greatest in the world. I like charcoal and wood grills better than gas. I like to think the foods taste better that way, but I also feel more manly if I have to make my own fire. My wife understands this basic primate desire of mine and gets me the grill that will make it take longer for her food to be ready. I love you too, honey)

To top it all off, my wonderful wife made ice cream for dessert. We all liked it, but none so much as this guy. You know you love a food when you aren't ashamed to wear it.
So that's my case. A woman who will take care of my spawn every day and still treat me like a king on father's day truly has a heart of gold. And seeing as this house isn't big enough for two "Best in the world"s, you get the crown. I'll take the title of grill boy.
-The Rocket Scientist

3 comments:

Katie said...

Cute post. I'm so excited for you to barbecue us something good while we're there for Thanksgiving.

Karen C. said...

You DO have the best wife in the world! How you ever talked her into marrying you is beyond my comprehension...
Actually, I think you are both pretty amazing and I consider myself pretty fortunate to be related to you. Plus, I really love your two little kids-es.
So, grill boy, I expect to hear amazing stories about the things you invent to cook on your grill!

Sarah said...

yay for your cute wifey!! Ash...can't believe we kept missing each other saturday. dang it!!