Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Life is Crazy

I feel like all we do is go, go, go. And we don't even have anything to do! And in the process of doing all of this nothing, we don't get anything done! Crazy how that happens, isn't it?
Today is supposed to be a good, quiet, productive day. And so far it has been lovely. But it's now three o'clock and the house is still a mess and none of our to-do list has been checked off.
First the kids and I slept in until 6:20 and then had breakfast. The Rocket Scientist was long gone to Seminary training. (Yes, he's been called as a Seminary teacher. No, I'm not very happy about it but I am trying to be humble.) Then we got ready and we were at the pool by 8:00. We met a lovely new family in the neighborhood and played with all our old friends. It was nice to be out in the sunshine (and later the shade) with our feet in the water, talking to good people, and seeing my children happy.
When we came home at eleven o'clock, my children got to do this: Then they played with water toys until the scrubbing came due. They really don't like the scrubbing part.
After lunch and a very wicked little boy tantrum we played computer games, read books, and then went down for naps. Well, Handsome Face is still napping, I napped shortly, and Cute Girl eventually abandoned my bed and went to her toy room. It may be that my laying down with her trick is finally wearing off and she's really going to give up the afternoon nap. Oh, that will be a sad day.
Now we need to finish all the laundry, pack for our trip to Utah, clean the bedrooms, and wash the dishes for there are no clean bowls or spoons. Oh, and I guess some of us may want to eat tonight so I'd better make dinner too. How much of that can I do in two hours?

3 comments:

Teresa said...

This picture reminds me of you and Abby eating popsicles together.

Katie Rod said...

Sounds like a mac and cheese night! And good luck with the seminary calling. Being a person who loves to "sleep in" (8am mind you), I really wouldn't wish that on anyone. But, I think seminary teachers have the greatest impact on teens during those crazy high school years, so it was a good choice!

whitney said...

Holy cow, what a busy day! I am constantly impressed at how great of a mom you are.

Your hubby will be a fabulous seminary teacher, though. He has such a great upbeat personality for it!