Friday, July 17, 2009

Hey, she gets the job done

Cute Girl has to do three things before getting breakfast in the morning: go to the bathroom, get dressed, and make her bed. If she gets up and gets going before she sees me in the morning, this all goes fine. But if she sees me before it's all finished, her bed magically turns into a giant mess and it's just too hard to do anymore. Never mind that she did it all by herself yesterday.
So today she saw me before it was all finished. In an effort to avoid a tantrum and/or argument, I helped get down her clothes and straightened the bottom of her sheets so that they would be easier for her to pull up. And she did go about making her bed, albeit reluctantly. The rest of the fam was in the toy room next door investigating Handsome Face's RC dinosaur. When I peeked back into her room, she was slung over the headboard of her sleigh bed and reaching down so that she could just barely reach the top of her sheet to pull it up. Apparently you can't do this with feet on the bed. It was just so comical to watch, I wish I had my camera.

2 comments:

Chelsea said...

She'a so funny! I can't believe she's old enough to have chores and responsibilities, but good for her! And so fastidious about feet on the bed, apparently. Hee hee.

Chelsea said...

*I meant that I can't believe she's three and so grown up, not that I can't believe you make your children do chores. I hope that's how it came through. :S