Friday, January 25, 2008

I Recommend...

So Rachael had this idea, and I liked it, so here goes...





I recommend Dawn dish soap for pre-treating grease based stains like spaghetti sauce. Oh, and warm water.


I recommend swaddling babies for sleep. It always works. Ask Kristin.


If you don't know something, I recommend educating yourself by using the library. That's how I know so much about baby sleep (that and my first one refused). I currently have books on woodworking so N and I can build shelves for the kids toy room and a book on house plants so my alive but not thriving plants can have a new shot at life. And my beginning sewing book has taught me so much that on occasion I've even given other people tips!

I recommend letting your kids walk on walks and not ride in strollers. Kids are supposed to get 60 minutes of exercise every day and most aren't. If you walk for your own exercise, then be sure to take an extra walk or go to the park for the lil' ones.


I recommend having a fun dinner night once a week. Ours is pizza night every Friday. We make it all from scratch, even the crust. Well, the sauce isn't scratch I guess. We tried that but it just wasn't worth the time and it wasn't actually all that better. Since we do it every week I've become very adept at whipping it all up in no time.


I recommend letting little kids help with the housework. S like to fold the burp cloths and "water" aka rinse the dishes before they go in the dishwasher. It takes longer and sometimes is a bit messy, but you'll teach your kids good skills and you'll spend quality time with them while still doing some chores.


I recommend this book. It's fabulous. And quite tasty.


I recommend reading books with your husband. Way better than spending hours in front of the tv. We might try Sherlock Holmes next. I've read them all but he hasn't.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

swaddling works like a charm... I especially love the light weight blankets that have a little bit of stretch to them. Gymboree makes REALLY nice (and expensive) ones, but sometimes they're worth it!

Rachael said...

oh, you should have posted a link to this on my blog! it took me a couple days to find it!

thanks for spreadin' the idea! and for the good tips. :-)