Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Things that are making me happy today

1. My husband took Charlotte downstairs and slept on the couch so that I could sleep when she wouldn't settle down after eating.

2. Charlotte fell asleep on her own for her morning nap.
3. Charlotte stayed asleep as I picked her up, carried her visiting teaching, and laid her back down in her bed to finish out a three hour nap.
4. My federal taxes are done!
5. I took my children to the park after school. That means I feel reasonably confident that my six week old can handle it.
6. As soon as my husband gets home I'm abandoning my children and going running. No one screams when I'm running.
7. It's really warm outside. Think mid-70s.

6 comments:

Rachael said...

So yesterday I read a study about how women are faster and stronger runners after childbirth. The study author theorized that it was because a) their threshold of pain tolerance had greatly increased or b) their pelvises had changed shape to be more suited for endurance running. I found myself nodding along, but when I got to the comments, I really grinned: someone had written, "It's not that complicated: it's because when you run nobody is asking you for anything! Or crying! Why would you want to stop?"

Amen, sister. Amen.

Hope you had a great run. :-)

Katie said...

I wish I was there in those warm temperatures. I'm getting sick of this cold. Yay for babies that are sleeping well!

Ryan G said...

Federal taxes already? We haven't even received our W2's yet!

Julie Knight said...

Holy crap on the taxes! We haven't received W2's either. Very impressive. I'm also feeling inspired by your running. I've been meaning to get into a routine again but it's been so busy. If you can do it with three adorable children I really have no excuses. Well done!

whitney said...

Ooo, jealous of the weather! about this time of the year I start envying those that live in much warmer climates then mine. Go you with the running so soon post-partum! I can understand. They can't catch you then ;)

Karen C. said...

That's a good list of very happy things. I'm amazed your taxes are done already. We don't have any of our w-2's so it will be awhile for us.