Sunday, January 30, 2011

Christmas Doughnuts

It's become a yearly Christmas tradition to make doughnuts after opening presents. It seems that I have to relearn the same lessons every time about not letting the grease get too hot or it burns the outside and leaves the inside raw. I was determined this year to get them right.

I'm pretty sure I get a pass on the scruff and the hair. It is Sunday morning after all.

So far so good...

...and success! Perfectly cooked!

Happy faces all around.

Hot chocolate and doughnuts. It really doesn't get much better.

5 comments:

Chelsea said...

It doesn't get much better... or much healthier. I think it's a good thing-- for all of our Christmas treats-- that Christmas only comes once a year!

Sheri E. said...

I love the sound of this tradition! The doughnuts look so yummy! I think I'll start a tradition where I make those every day...

Katie said...

Those do look delicious. I need to try making doughnuts. I've never done it before.

Alan C said...

Good job on the doughnuts. They look really good.

Karen C. said...

I don't remember the making of any doughnuts after opening presents...
What? You couldn't make them for me? I'm sure we had all the ingredients! They do look delicious!