Monday, April 6, 2009

We listened to the Prophet's Voice

I love General Conference, don't you? I believe Elder Holland's talk was my favorite. I can't wait for the Ensign to come out.
We spent the weekend quietly. I didn't feel as well prepared as I would have liked, but we pulled it off.
We ate waffles:And "pitched our tents towards the temple":And picnicked in the park:

And gave Cute Girl her first lesson in cooking chickens:
(Like my dirty kitchen?)

We had a great time Saturday afternoon. Handsome Face slept through the entire session and Cute Girl sat through it. We played a great game with her that really kept her focus on the little tidbits she could grasp. Pictures of gospel topics like prayer, sacrament, temples, Jesus Christ, etc. surrounded the TV and every time she heard one of these words she got to take a Peanut M&M. She got LOTS of M&Ms. Especially during the prayer talk. It seemed like every other word was prayer! Next time we're using Mini M&Ms.
We also got to spend some great time with friends. The kids and I went to a potluck dinner with lots of other mommys and kids during the Priesthood Session and some neighbors came to our house for dinner Sunday night (hence the chicken lessons). It was a great time. And tonight we're going to FHE at their house. Yay for having friends live close finally!
And finally a cute Cute Girl tidbit. Saturday we grilled for lunch and our burgers were done right as the afternoon session opened. We paused to bow our heads for the opening prayer. When it was over, Cute Girl started to laugh and said, "He blessed our food! Silly prophet!"

4 comments:

Katie said...

I love her blue dress. And what a good idea for getting little kids to listen to conference! I'm going to have to try that.

Karen C. said...

You are such a good mother. Those were great ideas for making conference meaningful for the "little ears" in your family. Elder Holland's talk was also a favorite of mine. I just love the way he is able to speak so eloquently and with such understanding. Cute, cute pictures. Thanks for the great blog. I loved reading it!

Neil said...

hey! we did that with jellybeans. and one of our words was "reverence," and let me tell you, Abigail sure did well with that one in the Sat. morning session. She was on a sugar high the rest of the day.

Neil said...

oh...it's Rachael. oops!