Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Presents and Balloons

Cute Girl had a birthday this past weekend. She's four years old! We celebrated a day early with a party for all of her friends. It was low-key with a picnic in the family room while the best story-teller in the world, the Rocket Scientist himself, read some of our favorite stories. Then it was time for cake and then playtime! The kids had a great time and they were all well-behaved and made a minimal mess. It was wonderful.
I wish I had gotten more pictures during the party but I barely had time to eat myself! Cute Girl is always very opinionated on the type of cake she gets. This year she required a chocolate strawberry cake. On the day of she was telling my mom on the phone that there were chocolate strawberries IN the cake. She had never informed me of this wish and I hadn't put any inside of the cake so I was glad when she didn't notice the lack of internal strawberries during the party.We opened all of the family presents later that evening before dinner. This kid is so spoiled and she always gets far too many presents. Her grandmas sure do love her! Goodies from Aunt Abby. Handsome Face loves to "wah cha-lee."The Fancy Nancy Fancy Kit from Grandma Shoaf. Every diva MUST have sunglasses.

The clothes from Grandma Crapo. She was so insistent that she was going to start the wash by herself yesterday so her new clothes would be ready to go.

Mom and Dad gave Cute Girl a new doll house. She is in love. And her brother keeps breaking the furniture. Thank heavens for wood glue.

3 comments:

Katie said...

Oh happy birthday! I can't believe you had the energy to do a birthday party for 4 year olds! You're amazing. I'm going to have to have her design me a cake for my next birthday.

Sarah said...

fun, fun!! I bet storytime was a hit. That's way cute. THese pics are cute but Ashley...that could've been YOU blowing out the candles. You two look a lot alike!

Rachael said...

can you believe how fast these 4 years have gone? seriously. it boggles my mind when I look at our little girls and think about the days when they were all sort of wiggling around on the floor together.