Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Someday it will be green

So, more landscaping. We (and I use the word 'we' very loosely) spent all day Friday digging trenches and tapping into the main water line. Cute Girl and her friend Dallin played all day. There was nary a fight. They had a ball. This glider swing got used more in that one day than it has its entire life. The down side to all this fun is that Cute Girl didn't drink enough and came down with a slight case of heat stroke. We ordered pizza for both families and she didn't finish her piece. Soon after that she said her stomach hurt. Later she was in tears because she just wanted to go to bed. At 1 am she threw up. The next day we tried pumping her full of liquids but she didn't do too well. At 1 am she threw up again. Sunday she kept curling up in the fetal position on the floor or putting her head down at breakfast. Again with the forcing of liquids. She seemed to perk up during Primary but that evening she threw up twice. I mopped the kitchen floor three times, just to be safe. Monday morning she finally drank a whole water bottle of her own choice. It's taken a few days of long naps but I think she's finally through it.



This lovely trench will feed sprinklers for grass, bubblers and drip for trees and my raised garden beds. I just cleaned my kitchen and watched the babies all day. Hard, I know.


3 comments:

Sarah said...

I didn't know what heat stroke entailed. That's awful! Poor Girl!

Katie said...

That is very sad for her. Poor thing. I am very excited about your pretty new backyard, though. I can't wait to see the finished product.

Rachael said...

oh my. so here i was thinking you just had a heat rash or something, but this is way worse! poor kid. and I hope your house is continuing to get free of the interior dirt piles! what a bummer. I felt like I spent all weekend sweeping and vacuuming after every excursion outside, and we actually have grass (well, mostly clover and dandelions) over all our dirt. I can't even imagine how frustrating your almost-lawn must be right now for house-cleaning purposes!