Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Can I just show you my house?

We've been landscaping the backyard lately. What that really means is the Rocket Scientist has been digging in the dirt so that we can install sprinklers and drip irrigation. And since there is no way on earth to keep children inside while their father is outside, they have not been too clean and tidy. And therefore, neither has my house. On Thursday, Handsome Face came in and made me this mess.

Friday our home teacher brought his kids and helped dig trenches and so forth. Dallin and Cute Girl had a grand time coming and going and playing. They left me lots of messes throughout the house.

A biscuit mess left by our little friend Mia. She didn't really eat any of it.

I found piles of dirt on carpet all over the house. It would leak out of little shoes and sandals. The photos don't do it justice. I've been vaccuuming and steam cleaning and dusting and mopping for days now and my house is still dirty.





3 comments:

Tom Rod said...

I hear ya! Our apartment looks like that from time to time from little feet. Spot-shot is something Ms. Rod introduced me too--amazing stuff for getting out the smudges from the carpet.

Karen C. said...

Its not just little kids that track mud into the house. I have big "kids" that are pretty bad about it too!
On the bright side, its wonderful that your kids like being outside with their dad. And, at least its "honest" dirt. The kind of dirt that is there because of good hard work and happy (not destructive) playing.

Your backyard is going to be beautiful someday. I can't wait to see the results.

whitney said...

Oh honey, do I hear ya! Our house is a constant battle, especially since we have huge trees around it, so the kids are constantly tracking in leaves and seed pods. At least your floors are lovely-I love the tile!