Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Sledding in the Desert

We had a great time on Valentine's Day as we headed for some distant mountains in search of snow. It took a little over two hours to get there and I was worried because the south face we were driving up was completely brown and covered in cactus. But once we reached the top and started descending we found snow in abundance (or what the desert calls abundance).

We only stayed a little over an hour as sledding with tiny children is a LOT of work and Handsome Face didn't actually like the sledding part so much. But as this was the only way the kids would ever see snow here, it was worth the four hours worth of driving. Maybe only once a year though.

He really didn't like sledding.

But he did like eating the snow.

This is where Handsome Face had lunch. All the college girls passing by thought he was the most adorable thing ever.

3 comments:

Aubrey said...

What a fun trip!! And you took some amazingly cute pictures of your family!

Katie said...

Awesome! Who knew you could sled in the dessert. It cracks me up that Handsome face didn't like it, but I have to say I'm not surprised. He didn't like grass at Sheri's wedding either. I'm glad you're back to blogging.

Karen C. said...

I have to say that those are the cutest two kids in the world. But then, their mom is pretty dang cute too! I'm glad you're my daughter-in-law. That looked like a fun way to spend Valentine's Day (except for the driving part...)