Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Seriously, what a day

Oh, the stories we have today. Cute Girl and Handsome Face were playing with their friend, Jaryn, today while I scrapbooked with my friends. Rachel and I thought it was awfully quiet upstairs, but we decided to pretend like everything was fine so that we could continue scrapbooking. At the end of our "playdate," Rachel came downstairs from where she was retrieving Jaryn and told me that I was going to kill three little kids. She presented Handsome Face to me and I gasped when I saw his face. I asked what it was and she told me it was make-up. All three kids were plastered with red lipstick. And upon further investigation we found Vaseline, chapstick, lotion, massage oil, coconut oil, and who knows what else. At bedtime the kids still smelled like they live in Bath and Body Works.
In the clean up that followed this lovely escapade, both of Handsome Face's blankies got put in the wash. When I tried to put him down for his nap he was really confused and wanted his blanket. He always has his blanket at bedtime and he likes to suck on the corner and rub the trim with his fingers. I put him down with just his cover up blankets but he started crying - not typical behavior for the boy who normally giggles at naptime. Out of pity, I dug out an old Cute Girl blanket with satin trim like his. He took it and stared at it while rubbing the edge. Then he took the corner and touched it to his tongue and immediately pulled it back out. After staring at it for another second he thrust it back up at me and yelled "NO!" It was so funny, I can't even do it justice. He then cried and threw everything out of his bed for the next hour. After drying a single blanket for just ten minutes I rushed it up to him. He went to sleep after that.

4 comments:

Katie Rod said...

ha ha! I'm sorry, that is just too cute (about the whole blanket thing). Caleb loves to rub those blankets with the satin on the edges on his face, too. The things we do for a quiet naptime!!

Katie said...

Oh sad. I wish you had pictures of them covered in make up. And that blanket story is hilarious. I wonder what tasted so bad.

Rachael said...

oh my--we haven't had anything like that happen yet! eek! I'll have to keep my fingers crossed...one of my friends' sons emptied an entire bottle of Dove body wash (brand new and totally full!) over himself and his carpet...it took her forever to get all the bubbles out.

Cherie said...

I hear you on the blanket thing. There is NO naptime/bedtime without that dear sucked on mess of a blanket. I have to time the washing of it around her sleep.