Sunday, May 22, 2011

Our first summer fun

Yesterday we went to a water park in town. Neil's work had bought out the park for the day so we got cheap tickets, free tubes, and lunch for everyone. The kids had a great time. First we headed to the kiddie splash pad and discovered that the water was freezing! Funny thing about living in the desert - if it's not over  100 degrees then the water is too cold to swim in due to all of the evaporation. Poor little Madoc went down a slide that was a bit faster than he anticipated and he went right under. He did not want to go down that again! He was shaking like a leaf for the next half an hour. 




Next we went to the wave pool. After the first few waves hit Madoc decided he didn't like it. Sadie however loved it. While the boys went on the water slides I sat in a tube on the edge with Charlotte and Sadie took off into the waves all on her own. She had the biggest grin on her face as she bobbed up and down. But at the end of the day we made Madoc get in the wave pool again and he liked it so much that it became his favorite thing.


4 comments:

Katie said...

It looks like you had a lot of fun. I love Charlotte's rash guard. I love when work buys out cool places.

Karen C. said...

This post makes me want to go spend a day at a water park. Though, I suppose it wouldn't be nearly as much fun for me if I didn't have little kids along to play with. I love all the pictures. It seems like everyone is having a good time! What a fun family outing for a warm summerish day.

John said...

I was just talking to Becky about how we need to go to a water park. Now I feel like I definitely have to do it. That's a great summer activity. I'm glad you guys had a fun time at that Madoc was able to appreciate the joys of wave pools. The lazy river tube float is one of my personal favorites.

Mom said...

Wow! I sure hope those bodies get a little tan before coming to Indiana. I do not want them to burn. I want to give them all hugs right now!