Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Mother's Day

I haven't a single picture of Mother's Day because I'm the one who takes the pictures around here and I'm the mom so it was my day off. But despite the lack of pictures I think it was one of the best Mother's Days I've ever had (not too hard since there's only been six, but who's counting?).
I got to sleep in until 7:30! That's unheard of! I'm usually up at 5:30 now that the sun is making an early entrance. Then I played the waiting game. You know, the one where you're not sure if you're supposed to stay in bed because there are festivity plannings downstairs or if you can go ahead and get up. I got the option of breakfast in bed or at the table and I opted for the table. Who likes crumbs in their bed? Or eating by themselves? So down we all went to have Belgian waffles with strawberries and cream. Oh yum. And then the showering of gifts began! Lovely cards drawn by my lovely kiddos. Flowers to adorn my window. And this:

pearl nest ring Product Image
From The Vintage Pearl of course. And oh how I love it!

The kids were amazingly well-behaved all day. Sadie was really into the whole celebrate mom thing. I kept receiving drawings and crafts all day. From Kindergarten I got a juice can vase full of silk flowers and a pink peony broach that went perfectly with my skirt for church. And there were lots of hugs.
At church the women got cds full of instrumental hymns and primary medleys and mine now hangs out in the car. And the men took over so we could all got to Relief Society! Yippee! The only sad thing was when Sadie refused to go sing with the Primary kids without Madoc (her security blanket) who was asleep on Neil's lap. Oh well.
And after church we had another family for dinner. Neil made fabulous grilled chicken. That with roasted potatoes and cranberry and almond salad made my day! And our friends brought chocolate cake with pb frosting! Anyone who know me should realized that I could have had just the cake for dinner and been completely happy.
What a lovely day it was. Too bad it doesn't come twice a year!

3 comments:

Katie said...

I love that ring! That is so cute that the kids are old enough to get involved.

Mom said...

Sounds like a perfect day to me! Kuddos to Neil and the kids. I agree that twice a year would be nice. You are a terrific mother. Love you and miss you.

Karen C. said...

What a perfectly lovely Mother's Day! I'm glad your sweet family took such good care of you. It's only fair that they should, since you take such amazingly good care of them!