Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Frustrated

I think one of the most frustrating things about being a mother is when you're having a horrible day and it is mostly (if not all) your fault. A close second to this is when you're having a hellish day and you're doing everything right. Because seriously, what on earth are you supposed to change to make the day better?!
We were greeted this morning with some sunshiny faces. My children were dressed and Cute Girl had done her chores and I actually made breakfast.Then Handsome Face played with some play dough while I cleaned up the kitchen.


Cute Girl helped with the dishes.
After playing kitchen in the pretend kitchen upstairs (so boring by the way), I left my children to their activities in order to start on my to-do list. Things quickly spiraled downhill. After two hours of tantrums and fights and time-outs we finally had lunch and everyone calmed down. Oh I hated those few hours.
And now we're here. Cute Girl practiced some sewing,
while I finished this banner. It was supposed to be a project that Cute Girl and I could make together for the Fourth but then my children took to their sickbeds for a week. She did help man the sewing machine and trimmed some edges.

6 comments:

Rachael said...

Yes to both of your first two sentences. I hate the mornings where I wake up and I'm just grumpy--and I can't shake myself out of it, despite watching everyone else catch the grumpiness and knowing it's my fault!

a bunch of BS said...

Ashley-
where did you get that great full arm length apron that M is wearing? I totally need a few of those for my rascal.
Bethany

Sarah said...

well said ashley. those opening lines are so so true! there is no control when it comes to motherhood!!

Karen C. said...

You are such an amazingly good mom. Even your bad days sound fantastic! Hope the next days were happier--or, at least, less frustrating!

Mom said...

Sometimes I think that you are too hard on yourself. You are doing a wonderful job. However, Sadie looks like she is growing up WAY too fast for me. Slow her down please. Even in her face, she is looking older. Make her stop. :-) Love you all.

whitney said...

That first statement is so my day today! I'm having the worst day and I know it's completely my own darn fault!