Sunday, August 1, 2010

Miscellanii

(Because every time I sit down to blog I always seem to have something better to do, i.e. my kitchen's been clean this month.)

Apparently Christmas came early this year because my kids watched Rudolph, Charlie Brown, and Mr. Krueger this week. Cute Girl's even got her Christmas list.
School starts on Tuesday for us with seminary starting the following week. I'm not ready for summer to be over but that's the way it goes.
It's been raining a lot the past few days. Our backyard has been converted to a lake several times and the kids have decided that lightning and thunder are kind of fun.
We found out we're having a girl a couple of weeks ago. Cute Girl is very excited and has found many things in her room that we could give to the baby for Christmas.
Yesterday we went to Kitt Peak National Observatory. It was a lot of fun. The Rocket Scientist really enjoyed the solar telescope and the kids liked the ladybugs, rocks, and driving up the mountain in a cloud. One lady on our tour complimented how well-behaved my children were. They really were good.
We've gone to the pool all week long and almost none of our friends ever showed up. Really sad. But Cute Girl has become quite a fish and has figured out how to dive for things (when she can actually get her scrawny little bum over her head so she'll sink). And on Friday Dad came too and that was a blast. The kids have much more fun when he's around.
I taught in Young Women today on the creation and the fall. I'm not a very good teacher and so I was very pleased when the lesson went well. I even got participation and it wasn't ALL from the other leaders.

9 comments:

Katie said...

Yay for a baby girl! We need more of those. And I'm sad your summer is almost over. Thanks for spending part of it with us. Hopefully starting school will go well for cute girl.

whitney said...

yay! yay! for a girl! How fun!

Another yay! for well-behaved children on an outing. Wish that happened a bit more often around here :P

Aubrey said...

congrats! i was just catching my husband up on his quarterly blog study on everyone and he had asked me if you were expecting- and i didn't think you were. i guess he knew something i didn't. that is so exciting! when are you due? i hope you are feeling well.

Kristin Hanson said...

Yay! Congrats! I love baby girls, but then again, it's all I have :)

Rachael said...

Congratulations!! I didn't even know you were expecting.

And is it not just--so disconcerting--that our girls are starting school? Eeek!!

necia said...

Wow!!! Another girl, how exciting!

Melanie said...

Congratulations! Girls are fantastic (of course, so are boys)!

neil said...

Meh, babies are lame. That observatory sounds pretty cool, though. I've heard that the solar telescope at Kitt Peak is the largest in the world.

John said...

That solar telescope does sounds pretty awesome. Congrats on having a girl!