Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Kindergarten


Today was the first day of school and we all survived! The hardest part for me was just figuring out the drop off/pick up craziness in the parking lot. Cute Girl likes her teacher and I think she liked school. It's hard to tell because she wouldn't really tell me anything. When I asked her the best part she answered "Coming home." Then she ate the rice krispie treat from her lunch box on the ride home and I gave up on asking any more questions. When Grandma called to see how it went she offered up a little more and at dinner I figured out that she never once asked to go to the bathroom. That explained why she was jumping all over the place when we got home.

Handsome Face and I had a fine day at home. I can't figure out what to do with myself though. Only having one of them at home is weird. We read lots of books, played memory and trains, and worked in his colors workbook. It was nice not to hear any fights though and I was actually alone during nap time. How novel!

7 comments:

Rachael said...

Wow, your school started already?! Is she in full-day or half-day?

John said...

I'm glad everyone survived the first day of school. I love the picture of your kids on the doorstep. We always did that for first day of school pictures. The rocket scientist must have been involved.

Grandma Shoaf said...

Loved the pic. Madoc needs a trim though. :) Loved talking with her and hearing about the day. I can remember your first day and taking pictures. Love and miss you all.

Katie said...

Oh my goodness! She looks so grown up in that picture. Enjoy nap time while you can. :)

Cherie said...

I can't believe she is old enough to go to school!!! Crazy! She looks a lot like you in that first pic too! Pretty girl!

whitney said...

What a grown-up little Miss! How did that happen?!? Ooo, I'm so jealous of your one-kid time. One day, right?

Kelsey said...

What a big day for you guys! And I thought school started early here... Her hair and outfit are adorable! I remember wearing a stone-washed denim skirt on my first day of kindergarden. Gotta love the 80's. :)