Thursday, July 8, 2010

Father's Day

We're back and playing catch-up again. Our Father's Day this year was an absolute disaster! I got home from Girls' Camp the day before. I was supposed to go and pick up the last present but instead I completely crashed! I spent all afternoon in bed.
Then next morning we were lounging in bed when all of a sudden I remembered it was Father's Day and we only had an hour to get everyone ready for Stake Conference. I jumped up to go make the Rocket Scientist's French toast but he insisted he didn't need it, that I would only get stressed out doing it, and that he would rather have me happy on his day. So I finally gave in and went to shower since I was the only one who needed to. When I came downstairs, the stinker was making his own Father's Day French toast! I tried really hard to get mad at him but how do you get mad when it's his day?
I don't even know what happened the rest of the day because I was still completely out of it. He did get to open one gift - Fablehaven Keys to the Demon Prison. The next Friday we went shopping and he finally got his new wheelbarrow. And for our anniversary at the end of the month I finally made the fortune cookies that were supposed to be from the kids on Father's Day. Next year I'll make sure I don't go to Girls' Camp the week before.

3 comments:

Katie said...

I love how excited the kids are. Happy late father's day.

John said...

Who knew that the kids could get that excited about someone else opening a present? That was funny.

Sheri E. said...

I've heard that the Fablehaven books are good but I've never gotten around to reading them. But now that I now about the "scary fire guy" on the cover, I want to read them. :)