Saturday, September 26, 2009

1 Nephi - By A Four-Year-Old

Cute Girl wanted to be the scripture reader tonight at bedtime. She was proud of herself for finding the word "God" in them earlier. Once she found the word "God," she started reading:

"God commanded Laman to go and get the plates from the wicked... Nephi."

"Don't you mean Laban?"

"Yeah. God commanded Nephi to build a ship. Nephi said he didn't know where to get tools. God told Nephi to go to the store on the mountain. Walk, walk, walk to the back of the store and there are boxes and boxes of tools to make a boat."

6 comments:

Aubrey said...

LOVE IT! :)

Katie said...

Ha Ha! She is hilarious.

Mom/Grandma said...

I love her imagination and you can tell she will be an excellent reader. She is a real thinker.

Sheri E. said...

I love the way the mind of a child works. I want to hear HER version of the scriptures. :)

Rachael said...

oh that's awesome. I seriously love the kid interpretations--Juliet always picks up the scriptures and says, "It came to pass the Moronites killed the wickeds." for some reason that really cracks me up.

Alan C said...

I love it!!! I'd like to hear her version of some other stories. Congratulations to her parents for teaching her the scriptures. I think she might be ready to be the seminary teacher when she starts ninth grade.