Monday, September 21, 2009

New things


Yesterday during Young Womens, Nichole grabbed my arm and told me to wait a minute. She then handed me a can of pineapple. And I'm thinking, "what on earth am I supposed to do with this?!" Then she rummages in her bag and hands me a recipe for pineapple upside-down cake. Apparently it was to thank me for sharing a chocolate chip cookie recipe. It's not even my own recipe so I don't know how sharing it merits such thanks but it was awfully sweet.

So I took the pineapple home and found out that my husband was really excited for this cake. Funny, because I wasn't. He doesn't like sweets for sweets sake and I can't get enough of them. But I had never tried pineapple upside-down cake. It just never appealed to me.

But I made the cake, which had three cups of sugar (plus the canned pineapple) and 1-1/2 cups of butter. Then we invited friends over so I didn't eat all that sugar and butter myself. Ohhhh, it was good. I have officially been converted to pineapple upside-down cake. I had two pieces last night and I've had two pieces this morning.

Our friends obviously didn't eat enough cake.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

yum!!!

Karen C. said...

It certainly is pretty to look at. I think you get double points with food when it tastes good AND it looks nice.

Mom said...

That is one of your daddy's favorites so you can make it when you are here at Christmas.

Abby said...

I can't believe you had never eaten a piece of pineapple upside down cake before. It is so good. Glad you came to your senses.