Monday, January 12, 2009

In the Beginning...

We didn't make our flight. It was depressing. Las Vegas was snowed in and there was no other way out of the desert the Wednesday before Christmas. There were many jokes about hell freezing over but it didn't change our moods any. Lugging two car seats, four pieces of luggage, multiple carry-ons, and two children through an airport should only have to be done once in a day but we got to do it twice and then again the next morning. And to make matters worse, the lines at every counter were hundreds of people long and everyone was on hold with the airline and then getting kicked out of the system due to the high volume of calls. No fun. But luckily I have the best friend in the world and Jennifer came right BACK to the airport to take us home. Then the angel agreed to come pick us up AGAIN at THREE AM after we finally got to talk to the airline at nine o'clock that night. We decided to try and fly stand-by on the only flight to St. Louis that didn't go through Vegas and which was overbooked by six people. But miracle of all miracles we got on! Hallelujah! I think I would have cried if they told me I couldn't get on that plane. And Cute Girl would have had a fit right along with me. She just wanted to go to her grandma's!
Here are pictures of the Magic House, the second coolest children's museum I've been to. My lovely mother-in-law treated us "little kids" to it before all the "big kids" came into town. The kids had a blast.Inside a bubble with DadFixing up the carServing Grandma Crapo ice cream





This was a Plexiglas walk-way covering a "river." Here, Handsome Face and Aunt Sarah are watching his fish travel back to the pond.

3 comments:

Kristin Hanson said...

I'm glad you made it out ok! We were stuck coming back in the tiny airport near my parents house. It was miserable and I only have one baby!

Katie said...

Oh fun! I'll have to remember that the magic house is a good place for younger kids.

Rachael said...

that ice cream looks really good. i think it's time for lunch now, because normally I don't even LIKE ice cream.