Thursday, January 15, 2009

Yay for my cruise!!!

These really are the last pictures of vacation. We left the kids with my parents and drove down to Miami to go on a five-night cruise to Jamaica and Grand Cayman. It was lovely. I missed my kids the whole drive down but as soon as we got on the boat I had no more problems with that! We slept a lot (oh how I needed that sleep!), ate a lot, and just generally enjoyed not having to worry about anything while on board. And our shore excursions were wonderful. The highlight was riding ATVs up the mountain in Ocho Rios. We went to Jamaica on our honeymoon but enjoyed it much more from a cruise. In Grand Cayman we took an all day tour around the island, which is gorgeous, stopping at Pedro's Castle (a plantation house) and the Botanical Gardens. Then we took a boat out to Sting Ray City which is a sandbar out by the reef where the rays hang out in hopes of some tourist provided squid. So fun. I highly recommend it. Formal night on the cruise ship, in front of the Grand RestaurantThe Theater where we went every night for shows (we knew the lead singer from our dinner table!) and saw the BEST juggler I've ever seen in my life - I don't even like juggling Jamaica as seen from ATVs

the Rocket Scientist cliff jumping after ATV-ing in a private cove
Pedro's Castle at St. James
the GardensSting Ray City

Our dinner staff and Susan and Jay from North Carolina - they were a lot of fun and scored us chocolate cake TWICE by celebrating an anniversary and birthdays

6 comments:

Katie Rod said...

Wow! Sounds like it was a blast! But I can't believe you drove to Miami and then back again. That is the crazy part.

Katie said...

So much fun! I'm glad you uys enjoyed it. I want to go on one again. I can't believe he jumped off that cliff, though. That looked really high up.

Chelsea said...

So why is there no picture of YOU cliff diving? Ha ha ha! That looks like so much fun. And you got to wear your new dress! I need to try a cruise some day.... maybe once I have a couple rugrats to leave behind.

Rachael said...

I'm so envious! That looks like so much fun--and I love the dress--hurrah for Shabby Apple.

Cherie said...

Just one word: JEALOUS!!!

Karen C. said...

I was going to pretend I didn't believe the part about Neil jumping off the cliffs--but that picture is pretty good proof. You both look so happy and relaxed. I'm glad you got to go on a cruise and I'm glad you had so much fun. Plus, I like your swimsuit cover-up (Ashley's, that is....Neil's swimsuit cover-up isn't cute at all...)